8.28.2007

can't seem to get it right

seems like every time things settle down enough
to take a breath
something else comes along to mess up
the careful balance I have obtained


Finally got to a point at work where i
just accept that it is the way it is
today, i came in and it now is different again
we got bought out by a much larger company
and the bosses say there's aren't going to be any
changes...at least not for a year.
but i find that hard to believe because
earlier this year when we gained this
"partnership" with this much bigger company
some people asked "So are we going to sell out to them?" and
the answer was "no"
but today...we're sell outs.
Don't tell me nothing is going to change
it already has.
For once I am more scared of losing my job
than I am of staying there
It's not entirely stable and secure
but I make good money compared to other places
doing what I do.
And it's easy... I've become accustomed to my job being easy
I don't think that I could (physically) go back to doing what I was doing before
I'm used to not being on my feet 10 hours a day.
I'm used to wearing scrubs and my hair in a messy ponytail and it not mattering
because i'm not trying to impress customers/patients/clients with my attire.
I think i've settled.
I've settled on this job.
It scares me to think that it might be gone.