12.23.2009

Triaminic® Products | Chest & Nasal Congestion Medicine for Your Child’s Cold Symptoms

Why can’t I find this anywhere???  Srsly.  I found it once on accident.  Angelina Hates it. (Yes, with a capital H) It’s yucky, but it is the ONLY cold medicine I have found that doesn’t have a cough suppressant in it.  Doctor tells me “don’t give her anything with a cough suppressant in it because of her asthma”  So, do I give her nothing? Or chance it with the cough suppressant?
The doctor she saw today (not her usual doctor) tells me to “Just give her something over-the-counter” for her cough.  WTF?  So I ask if it’s ok for her to have the stupid cough suppressant or not because I haven’t been able to find ^above product^.  He says to give her albuterol twice a day.  I couldn’t figure it out.  And then David says… “He meant along with the cold medicine..the albuterol will keep her lungs open so the cough suppressant doesn’t leave the mucus to build up in her lungs”
I’m glad someone explained it to me.  Because I srsly I am thinking “He said her lungs were clear so why am I giving her asthma meds for a post-nasal drip cough?”  Of course this was explained after I had already been to the store and had picked up some sudafed and regular robitussin (expectorant).  Which whatever, it works..just means she has to take two meds instead of one.  Still probably spent less than I would have to buy that one small bottle of Triaminic.  And I got a big bottle of generic robitussin and generic sudafed tabs.
Anyways, I’m sure she would rather take the two meds instead of having to do her nebs twice a day.  le sigh.  When will life be easy?

No comments: