2.12.2009

Insight/ Dreams

I have been feeling insightful lately, or maybe it's just being stuck home sick and achy and feverish with a sick, achy, and feverish family. I had some pretty weird dreams lately and at the moment I can't remember what they were about, but I woke up yesterday morning thinking that I needed to write down what I had figured out in my very plentiful dreams (and not a lot of real sleep) but alas, I didn't do it. Funny thing is I missed class on Tuesday and when I went to class this morning part of my personality class was about Alfred Adler's interpretation of what dreams mean. He believed that our dreams were a window into our future, a way for us to gain insight and solve problems that are happening presently or in the future. This theory differed greatly from Sigmund Freud's interpreation - He believed that our dreams were a direct representation of things that happened to us in the past that we had repressed. I find both theories quite interesting as I have had dreams that related or accomplished both (though not in the same dream, that I remember anyways)


Luckily, for me, my dreams lately seem to be more of the future oriented variety (or nonsensical, take your pick) and I wake feeling like there's something pressing that I need to say, but it eludes me. I have a feeling that the interpretation of my dreams though are nothing like what is listed in the "Interpreting Your Dreams" variety of books. It's as if my subconscious is trying to tell me something. Something that I'm forgetting, only something that I haven't been introduced to yet to forget. Does that make sense to anyone?


Anyway.... this is totally random and off topic..BUT...ladies... I bought that "Smooth Away" thing today at Walgreens and OMG i LOVE it. I am one of those girls who rarely shave their legs (you're thinking 'gross', right?) anyway, i have very fine very blond hair so unless you touch/look closely you can't tell. but anyways i was skeptical about this thing, but I bought it on a whim and it's great! smoothe hair-free legs with no razor bumps!!!! and not to mention no shaving cream or a razor. I dunno how well it works if you have coarse hair as like I said mine is fine and thin..but it worked for me and it's awesome!!!

No comments: