9.09.2007

yawn.

here it is: 12:06a.m.
I'm still awake, tremendously tired
and yet I'm sitting here
feeling like I don't want to go to bed.

I have been working (a little)
on editing a novel that my brother-in-law is writing
I am a stickler for spelling things correctly
and (most) use of proper grammar.
You wouldn't know it to speak to me.
I say "good" when I should say "well".
but that's neither here nor there.


The point is, I have been editing.
I don't think that I have ever done that for
another person's work. Or at least not 62 pages worth of someone else's work.
It's tiring.
I'm tired.
I love it, I live for it.
It bothers me that there are so many educated people
out there that can't spell or use the correct word, for instance:
to, too, two. Their, they're, there. write, right.
It's a pet peeve of mine.
I am not educated.
or...at leasat not past the tenth grade.
I know so many things.
I'm smart, intelligent even.
but certainly not educated.
I guess it just goes to show that
there are some things that some brains
can never be taught.
It's effortless to me.
Learning.
Retaining knowledge.
but ... I can't stand studying.
I can't stand sitting in a classroom all day, everyday.
I can't make myself do homework.

A few years ago I couldn't get a job that I wanted,
a secretary or receptionist, something simple.
Simply because I didn't have the experience.
What does that mean anyway?
Experience.
It really is a horrible word.
dictionary.com #4 definition:
knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone.

If only prospective employers paid us for what we have experience in.
I'd be wealthy.
But of course, that also means that everyone would be afforded that opportunity and
then the economy would go to shit.
You can't win.
Or maybe if everyone got a job based on knowledge they had to do the job, instead of whether or not they'd gotten paid to do it before, or gone to school to do it, but never actually done it, then people would be happier in their jobs. We wouldn't have to deal with the incompetence of our coworkers because everyone would be able to get a job that they knew how to do.
And if they found out they didn't like it and wanted to do something else, they wouldn't neccesarily have to go through 6 years of schooling (again) to get a degree in something they already knew how to do. Because if you don't have that piece of paper that says you know how to do something, then you might as well not even be able to do it, it's not going to serve you in the "real world".

I'm.rambling.endlessly.it's.quite.annoying.but.it's.my.blog.and.i'll.do.it.if.i.want.to.

the end.

No comments: